Monday, April 11, 2011

second week in Jamaica


Tonight is beach party dinner with entertainment such as dancers, fire throwers, a steel band and limbo dances as you can see above. Saw it last week but forgot my camera. Today we went to work and found out that the medical records folks were on strike!!! No one there seemed to have known it was coming. As a result we both worked in the clinic. There were about the same amount of patients as last week (14 vs 16) but with 2 of us the day was light. So while we waited for our transport to come early we went to the Peds ward and played with the kids that were up there. I have NO idea what they were admitted for and hope it wasnt something infectious!!!! Here on the wards, the kids wear there own clothing and just walk around and play like they are home. None of them seemed really sick to me but who knows.
I dont remember what I did yesterday except sleep, eat and worked out....kinda boring. I guess maybe I SHOULD take advantage of the area while I'm here. I dont take part in too many things here because after all it IS a couples resort and most things are geared towards just that....couples! I may go to Dunn River Falls this coming weekend and our driver said he would take me to this Genuine and well regarded Jerk place sometime.
I suck, dont I??!!! You would think I would be living it up and experiencing all sorts of things but I spend most of the time that I'm not working reading, working out and chilling in my room!
Snap out of it CHILD!!!!! Ok I will....maybe :)
Oh another thing. I gave one of the workers some of the toys I brought with me for her son. On my way to dinner another worker asked me to sign something. It was a note stating that I gave her the toys for her son. Apparently the workers get searched at security when they leave the compound. How awful! :( They arent working at the Federal Reserve!!!! But they have a good attitude about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment