For real I haven't blogged in the last 10 days?!! If its that hard now that I'm in Jamaica, how much harder is it gonna be when I get back home.
So yesterday was suppose to be my last day in Jamaica but for whatever reason it wasn't. My flight got cancelled and I got 1 more day here. One more day to go sailing, get a massage and visit the steam room, all things I hadn't done at all for the month I was here. In fact, yesterday was the first time I even knew that the parrots were kept in a cage (didn't even know it was more than 1 parrot) or that there was another area with a tranquility pool and Jacuzzis.
During this month, especially with my co-worker's/house mate's fervor for God I've learned so much more and have strengthen my relationship with God. But also this month taught me something else from the Jamaicans......what is all the hustle and bustle in our lives for? They are so laid back and relaxed, you don't here people complain about being stressed out all the time. They take life as it comes and enjoy it. When I think about the fact that our only purpose on this earth is to magnify God and do his will I wonder, is all that hustle and bustle really necessary??!!
I mean, have we gotten so busy with the ways of the world and pre-occupying our minds with all these things we do day in and day out that we have totally obliterated our purpose??!!! I mean, yesterday as I thought about getting back home I thought about the schedules left to do, the tasks I need to complete for our youth conference, graduating, paying bills, studying and I start to get a little antsy. WHY?????
Radical talks about how the 'America Dream' is for us to rely on ourselves for everything.....when if you are at all a Christian, THEE only thing you need to rely on is OUR FATHER!!! Now as I sit here and rumenate (sp?) over the last month I wonder if I cant take all this information I've learned and translate it to my life at home. To live a simple life not filled with 'stuff' to do and fulfill god's purpose for me??? I mean I know that some of the gifts he has blessed me with uses my job, and my participation in church ministry to advance his kingdom but there is likely so much more than isnt necessary even in doing those very simple things.
Is there 'stuff' that you also do daily that isnt really necessary? Can we be a God-loving, simple people and have all the joy and fun in the world? Of course, with God ANYTHING is possibl, I just have to continually learn how to push myself out of his way.... MOVE, GIRL GET OUT his way, get out his way girl, get out his way (My version of the song lol)
No comments:
Post a Comment